An enjoyable downloadable and printable game perfect for adding some fun and laughter into your piano studio, while testing your students' musical knowledge.
- There are two files: American Terminology and English Terminology.
Included in the files:
- Summer Music Race game board (this is in two halves - simply cut round the two parts and glue one on top of the other - instructions are included with the game)
- Musical question cards (note recognition, note values, note names)
- Summery chance cards
How to Play:
- This is a two player game, but you could also play it with two teams
- Players start on their starting number and then pick up the first card. It will give them a musical question and an instruction for how to move. For example, it may be a straightforward 'Read this note and then move forwards 3 spaces'. Alternatively, it could be a symbol and then writing that says 'If this is a treble clef move forwards 2 spaces, but if it is a bass clef move backwards 3 spaces'.
- Summery chance cards are shuffled into the pack to spice things up a bit - some of these cards instruct players to swap places!
- Whoever reaches the Finish first, wins!